Skip to main content

Where has the time gone?

Alright so on the subject of random blogging, it has been a little while since I wrote anything on here. It's not because I have nothing to say or because nothing interesting has happened over the last few months, but because I am a self proclaimed random writer. I've never been good with deadlines or journaling or anything that takes follow through. I'm more of a in-the-minute, flying off the seat of my pants, motivated by inspirations and emotions kind of writer. So maybe I will give everyone a brief update on what has happened since July.

1) Enjoyed my trip to Pender Island (didn't see any whales on the whale watching excursion (boourns), but did see the biggest grossest jellyfish ever!)
2) Went camping with Danaya and her family along Kootenay Lake and survived a 16km hike up a mountain and back and hours of huckleberry picking (had a blast)
3) Cooked lots of Huckleberry goodies when I got home to share with family and friends (cobbler, pancakes, muffins, etc)
4) Told off my brother (very long story - but take my word for it he deserved it)
5) Started taking Math 30 Applied over the internet - still haven't done much  = )
6) Got new glasses and am actually wearing them (at least while driving)
7) Started dating a friend for a month and then he died from H1N1 complications (very ouch) It wasn't necessarily a secret, but was waiting to see if we worked as a couple before telling family and friends (which is why this may be news to some).
8) On my own for three and a half weeks as my sister Angie, her hubby Isaac, and their little one PJ (whom I have nicknamed 'destructor') are on an exciting trip to Ghana West Africa. Slightly jealous that Angie gets to see a new continent before me, but happy for them!
9) Writing a novel in a month for NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month). It's a chick lit suspense called 'A Misplaced Fear.'
I need to finish 50,000 words by Nov 30th. So far I have completed just over 1000 (D'OH)

Fyi...There's a lot of things here that I have missed and some of the things mentioned above will be touched on more next time I write.



 

Comments

  1. i'm so glad you're blogging. knowing how you're doing is important to me :) there are other ways accomplish that, too, i suppose... but blogs are a decent start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda, thank you for sharing your blog. I look forward to reading whatever you get around to writing, however often or not often that is. I already feel like I have gotten more glimpses into your life, and I like that. =)
    P.S. A 50 000 word novel?! In a month?! I am so impressed by that goal! And I want to hear more about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It has been TOO LONG since we actually got to talk beyond a few words at work. >.< Hopefully we will get a chance to do that soon, because this entry has helped me to realize how much I'm missing in your life.

    ~Danaya

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

2010

So once again it is that time of year when people reflect back on what they have accomplished in the last year and make plans and goals for the next. I have spent some time looking over the last year and have been very happy with positive changes I have made in my life and tough challenges I have faced. It wasn't an easy year by any means, but it brought many neccessary changes in my life. This year I want to continue that trend and work on one of my weaknesses. Tne biggest weakness I think I need to work on is my lack of consistency. You see I tend to be very good at starting things, often too many things at a time, but I lack the discipline to carry things through. I tell myself I'm going to write down all of my purchases and track my spending...yeah that plan lasts about two days before I toss it. I say I'm going to do my exercises every day...but really it ends up happening very randomly and not nearly as frequently as it should. So this year instead of making a huge li

Adventures in career guidance

Well it's almost four months into 2010 and I still find myself unsure of what my next step in life is. I know its not exactly a race, but there are things in life that I want that seem very far away...like a home of my own, a family, and a career that I don't just tolerate everyday. I feel like my life is pretty full in other areas...a supportive family, good friends, a church I enjoy, and a range of hobbies I can enjoy or ignore as needed. There isn't much I can do about a home of my own right now except pay off debt and save money which I am currently doing, and I am not exactly in a rush for a family of my own either though it is something I want someday. So that leaves my career as my focus for now. I've decided to take a chance on career guidance in the hopes that it will help me make a decision on which career is a good fit for me. Once that decision is made I'm hoping the guidance counsellor will be able to help me make goals that would at least put me on